Michael Jackson has passed away and there is speculation about the cause of his death. Stress, drug problems, weak lungs and heart, and extremely low body weight are involved. Numerous rumors suggest that at the time of his death Michael weighed just over 100 pounds. Taking into account his 5′.10 “height, his BMI at the time of his death was 14.3 (compared to a healthy range of BMI between 18.5 and 25). This is approximately 29 pounds less than what is expected. I would consider a healthy level.
Low body weight can be a symptom of many diseases, but in Michael’s case, reports say he suffered from an eating disorder.
Eating disorders often have their own causes, and certain personality traits make different people more likely to develop them. Apparently, Michael Jackson had many personality traits that would make him susceptible to developing an eating disorder. Your stressful life and private childhood could be the causes of your mental problems.
According to many sources, Michael Jackson suffered from anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
What are the facts that could indicate that Michael Jackson has an eating disorder?
1. Jackson publicly mentioned how his father physically and verbally abused him as a child and how he developed an eating disorder (triggered by fear of his father’s discipline) at the age of seven.
2. After the alleged child “sexual abuse” case involving a 13-year-old boy, Jordy Chandler, Jackson developed a drug addiction and his childhood bulimia came back to haunt him. The stress of this case put enormous pressure on Michael’s frail health. Although the charges were dropped and the boy refused to testify further against his “best friend Michael,” the damage had already been done.
3. Many people who saw him up close in the last years before his death said that he was very thin and fragile. They also said that he ate very little.
4. Out of deep concern for his physical health, Jackson postponed the opening night of his London comeback for a week. He was apparently concerned about her ability to recreate her signature exciting dance moves. This tiredness is also highly indicative of an eating disorder; it takes sustenance to be able to get weird exercise, something Michael was struggling with.
It is obvious that his fatal heart attack was precipitated by weeks of arduous fitness routines that could have contributed to his tragic death. Just a week before the tragic event he said, “I don’t know how I’m going to do 50 shows. I’m not a big eater, I need to gain some weight.”
5. A few months ago in his last appearance in front of the media, he announced the comeback shows in London. When he made this announcement, his body was skeletal and his skin was extremely pale. He had a hard time getting through the two-minute press conference.
The promoters of the show had doubts about Jackson’s ability to continue with the show and some even suspected that he would not even make it to the first concert date, so they sent a doctor to take care of him.
6. Michael Jackson obviously had a lot of problems with his body image and perfectionism. She underwent numerous plastic surgeries, changed her skin color, and supported different diets and body cleansing routines. All of this had become his obsession and he performed these acts in an extremely unhealthy way.
7. His addiction to drugs also confirms his obsessive personality trait that is present in most of those who suffer from eating disorders. Before his death, he was apparently taking a cocktail of eight different prescription drugs:
– Demerol (a pain reliever your doctor injected you 3 times a day to stop your chronic back pain),
– Dilauded (a pain reliever you took by mouth for the same problem),
– Vicodin (the third pain reliever that was recently prescribed for back pain),
– Soma (used for muscle relaxation, took them orally),
– Xanax (anti-anxiety medicine, took them orally, twice a day),
– Zoloft (antidepressant that influences the level of serotonin in the brain, took it orally, daily)
– Paxil (another antidepressant that influences serotonin levels in the brain),
– Antibiotics to stop skin infection after minor surgery.
This is a huge amount of drugs for anyone, even a healthy person, but for Michael they were probably fatal.
It seems that Michael’s eating disorder definitely contributed to his death. All of these things make one wonder why the medical professionals who cared for Michael did nothing prior to his death about his eating problems.
You have to wonder why they allowed him to stay on so many drugs while his body weight was extremely low. It’s just another example of how little most medical professionals know or understand the severity of an eating disorder.
Michael would have had his eating disorder to cope with life’s stresses. His anorexia and bulimia would have temporarily made him feel good and he may have felt that nothing could hurt him while he had an eating disorder. This is quite common for those with an eating disorder, they actually think it is doing them good, while it is actually killing them.
Michael had a myriad of problems, we are all aware of that, but every time he was about to release a new song, someone would sue for all his money. Many people stayed around him and pretended to be around him just to take money from him in one way or another.
The sad reality is that Michael should never have been allowed to develop an eating disorder in the first place; the people close to him should have helped him years ago.
Eating disorder can manifest itself very quickly and can kill anyone, especially if they have the same meticulous personality that Michael had: a perfectionist.
The best way to prevent this from happening is to work on your thinking, learn about how the brain works, and how people develop these deadly obsessions. Proper knowledge can help many of you improve and not suffer the same fate as Michael Jackson.