Most people have a large amount of free time. They can use it however they want, whether it’s watching TV, playing games or just sleeping. Effective use of your free time can have a huge impact on your lifestyle that you may not be aware of. I think that scheduling your time cannot be a good option because then you don’t use your time freely as you want.
Using your time effectively is necessary as it directly affects your mind and health. It depends on each person how they use their time. Most people feel that by watching television they are actually giving their mind a rest, but this is not true. Psychologists consider television to be garbage for the mind. It’s having a negative effect on brain function.
However, what happens if you don’t fill that open time?
From a survey, it was found that about 95 percent of people spend their extra time on entertainment, while the rest spend their free time on education for beneficial results.
Here is the list of healthy and productive ways to spend your free time.
1) Exercise – Instead of sitting at home and doing nothing, you can choose to exercise. Exercise can be done in many ways. Choose an exercise that you enjoy doing and make sure that you do it willingly every day of the week for about 45 to 50 minutes. A healthy amount of exercise will not only keep your body fit, it will also leave you feeling fresh for the rest of the day. Good relaxing music along with exercise will be an added bonus for your best workout.
Examples: walking, running, yoga, dancing, weights, swimming, tennis and many more
2) Reading: If you love to read books, this is definitely the best way to use your free time effectively. Fiction or non-fiction, whatever it is, you must read new topics as it not only helps to improve our concentration but also helps to increase your knowledge in various fields. Reading needs practice. New readers can take time to focus on a book for long periods of time. You can’t sit and read for hours when you don’t read often. You develop this skill over time, in the same way that you build strength through exercise.
3) Walking: What would happen if you walked 30 minutes every day in your spare time? If you don’t want your body to get tired by exercising, you can even choose to go for a long walk or jog. It would improve your health, which will lead to more efficient brain function. Walking early in the morning is much healthier. Over time, you’ll find that going for a walk or jog will make you feel so refreshed that it will become part of your daily schedule.
4) Brain Games: why not try something other than watching TV in your spare time? Play games that challenge you and keep your brain sharp. You can find many brain games online like sudoku, puzzles, treasure hunt and many more. These brain games help improve mental skills. From a health standpoint, gaming is better than watching TV, as gaming requires a variety of aspects of the brain to be active.
5) Meditate: You need to relax in a peaceful way, so meditation is the best option. Sitting quietly and relaxing helps improve concentration power along with mood regulation and anxiety disorders. Meditation is highly recommended if a person is suffering from depression and stress. Sit quietly for at least ten minutes a day and notice the changes in you.
6) Learn something new: Try to learn something new whenever you get the chance. Scientists have found that learning new skills that require a certain level of intensity can actually help your brain grow. Learning something new will help your skills develop in different areas, thus increasing your potential. Learning a new hobby is a great way to relieve stress and become more creative.
7) Self-care: There are several ways in life to do the little things smarter that can have a significant impact on your quality of life. The best way to spend your free time productively would be to take care of yourself, that is, your personal care. Whether you need to take care of your skin, maintain your personal hygiene, file your nails, or oil your hair, you need to do your research. Only when you look good can you feel good.
8) Start blogging – There are countless people all over the world who spend their spare time blogging. You can also start sharing your views or experience through a blog. Your blog could be about any topic you’re interested in, like cooking, travel, science and technology, sports, anything. No matter how unconventional your blog is, if your blog is interesting, it will be able to attract a large number of people. Communicate your ideas with other people.
9) Spend time with friends: In today’s busy schedule, it is impossible for us to spend time with our friends or family. Spending time with your friends or close ones will help relax both your mind and body. Researchers have found that people are happier when they are with other people than when they are alone.
10) Part-time Job: You can also choose to do part-time jobs in your spare time and earn money. There are many part-time jobs that can be done from home, such as being a tutor or web researcher or whatever you would like to do. Instead of wasting time sitting on a sofa, you can easily earn money sitting at home, which will make you feel good about yourself.