What are the top 3 muscle building supplements?
How do muscle building supplements work? To answer this question, you must first learn what the process of building muscle mass looks like.
The bodybuilding process seems easy. All you have to do is lift weights, eat the right nutrition, and take the best muscle building supplements, right? There comes a time when you hit a dead end, but you can also get out of it with the help of supplements. So how do your muscles work and how do supplements stimulate their growth?
There are 2 forms of muscle fibers in your body, namely:
- Type 1 muscle fibers, also known as slow twitch muscle fibers
- Type 2 muscle fibers, also known as fast twitch muscle fibers
Type 1 muscle fibers are in charge when you’re doing resistance exercises, while Type 2 muscle fibers are large muscle fibers that help with strength and muscle size when you’re doing strength training. Your muscles grow if you damage your type 2 fibers by lifting weights and applying enough tension to activate your satellite cells. These cells are located on top of your muscles and help your muscles grow, maintain, and repair. Lifting heavy objects activates your satellite cells. When you lift heavy weights, microtears form in your muscle fibers which then result in the production of satellite cells where they proceed to the damaged areas of your muscles. Satellite cells use protein substances from their nutrition store to build and thicken their muscles. This is how you become muscular and stocky.
Scientists have developed muscle building supplements to enhance this process of muscle growth. These supplements work on your energy, hormonal, and nutritional systems for faster bodybuilding. What are the top 3 muscle building supplements?
- hormone supplements– The 2 types of these muscle building supplements are testosterone boosters and growth hormones. Testosterone is a natural hormone in the body and helps improve muscle protein synthesis. What testosterone boosters do is increase your testosterone levels because its production can be hampered by certain factors. Growth hormone supplements, on the other hand, increase the body’s production of growth hormones so that you build muscle. Aging and high training loads decrease your GH production, which is why you need a boost through supplementation.
- energy supplements– the most effective energy supplements for building muscle are caffeine and creatine. You should be careful because some energy supplements induce weight loss, which can work against your muscle building gains. Therefore, you should stick to caffeine and creatine energy supplements to build muscle. Caffeine is the stimulating substance in coffee. It blocks chemicals in the brain that promote sleep. When you take caffeine supplements, you’ll have a faster heart rate, your airways will open up, and blood flow to your muscles will increase. Caffeine supplements enhance your muscle building workouts. Take it before strength training and you’ll do more reps. Improve your overall strength. Training harder becomes more possible with the help of caffeine supplements. Meanwhile, creatine supplements increase the supply of amino acids. It’s easier to do a few extra reps with the boost that creatine provides, helping you grow stronger and bigger. Your muscle cells are hydrated and, in turn, speed recovery and muscle growth.
- Nutritional supplements for muscle recovery– these supplements are taken to supplement your diet. You cannot supplement your path to good nutrition alone. The supplements have to go with a healthy diet. A necessary nutritional supplement to build muscle is whey protein. Taking whey protein shake as post-workout nutrition improves muscle repair and recovery. Another essential nutrient is fish oil which is rich in omega-3 vitamins. Taking this supplement reduces inflammation, improves blood circulation to the brain, and strengthens the cell membrane. Fish oil supplements are also one of the best muscle building supplements that promote faster muscle recovery during training.